Popularity of Digiscan Online Pathology Slide Sets
Digiscan has started a big ambitious project of providing Digital/Virtual slides of histology and pathology for medical students and oral histology and oral pathology for dental students. These slides have been prepared in the form of digital slide sets and are available online 24×7 on nominal subscription. These sets are very helpful to faculty members while teaching and a great tool for self-study by pathology residents. Slides have been annotated and a brief description of the lesion has been provided.
Our slides are very popular among the medical institutions, medical faculty, pathology residents, postgraduate students, and young practicing pathologists.
- The dermatopathology slide set is very popular among pathologists and dermatologist and postgraduate students. This set has more than 400 slides of almost all dermatological conditions. More than 200+ doctors have subscribed so far. The number of requests is increasing by the day.
- The histopathology slide set is the most popular set prepared by Digiscan and is subscribed heavily by postgraduate pathology students. This set contains common, uncommon and rare lesion of all the organ systems like GIT, Respiratory system, Endocrines, Central nervous system, Male genital system, Female genital system, and all others. More than 300+ students have been subscribed so far.
- Gynae Cytology set is being subscribed heavily by postgraduate students in pathology and gynecology. This set is very popular.
- Non-Gynae Cytology set; this set is based on FNAC diagnosis of all the organs and effusion cytology and is very popular among postgraduate students.
- Hematology slide set consists of peripheral blood smears, bone marrow aspirate and trephine bone marrow biopsy morphology of most of the hematological non-neoplastic and neoplastic conditions. This set is very popular. So far 250 postgraduate students have subscribed so far and requests are received daily.
- Oral pathology slide set; this set is very helpful for postgraduates in oral pathology and is very popular among junior residents.
- Slide set for MBBS; this set is being used by medical faculty for teaching undergraduate students in the class and is subscribed by medical colleges. This set contains digital slides of histology and pathological lesions taught to undergraduate MBBS students.
- Slide set for BDS; this set is very exhaustive and consists of General histology, Decalcified section of tooth and alveolus, Ground section, Tooth-germ development, facial development, oral histology, and oral pathology. This set is being used by undergraduate, BDS student as well as postgraduate oral pathology students equally.
Digital Slides- Why Subscribe from Digiscan ?
- Slides are annotated. Annotation helps the teacher while using the slides in the class room. Annotation is a boon for self study by the students. Digiscan slides annotations give short presentation about the disease and description of histological features. Faculty also has the provision of annotating the slides while teaching.
- Content of digital slide sets is reviewed and updated periodically and up-gradation is available free to the users during their period of subscription.
- Access to digital slides from Digiscan is uninterruptedly available 24×7 due to technology management by skilled and dedicated professionals and elaborate system of back up .
- Top most priority is given to the problems if any faced by the users and problem is resolved immediately Digital slides from Digiscan have excellent resolution. Nuclear and cytoplasmic details are very sharp.
- Digiscan has a policy of personal touch while digitizing the slides for best scanning results. Each slide is personally viewed in detail to look foe scanning short comings and corrected . Result is a perfect slide.
- Digiscan does not compromise on the quality therefore does not of for rapid or ultra rapid scanning modes. End result is that digital slides from Digiscan are much superior to any other slides in details resolution and contrast.
- Software used by Digiscan is user friendly and slides can be opened and navigated very easily.
- Slides on the server open very fast and the lag period is minimum.
- Digital Slides have been prepared from classical lesions for under graduate teaching while for residents variants of disease and uncommon & rare lesions have been included in the sets to give residents maximum exposure to enhance their diagnostics skills.
- Digiscan digital slides can be rotated by any angle by the user to orient the tissue in proper direction
- Digiscan digital slide give the user freedom to enhance or balance the colors, brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness. This unique feature is not available in other sites.